Data Processing/Computer Rooms
Organizations depend on computers and telecommunications equipment as the backbone of their operations – from sending e-mail to performing complex financial transactions. Especially crucial is the reliability and uptime of the data center, which is critical to the daily business of a financial institution. The growing reliance on the 24x7 operation of assets requires investment in the protection of the sensitive business-critical data processed and stored. Essential to that mission is the protection of the physical environment from threats such as fire or unauthorized entry, which can have catastrophic consequences – from the loss of equipment and data to business downtime and failure – that reverberate across organizations, communities and economies.
Why Xtralis Life Safety Solutions?
- Reliable smoke detection in areas of high airflow where drafts from air-conditioning cause significant dilution and interference with the normal dispersion of smoke
- Reliable detection at points of ingress, providing intelligent control of dampers and air-side economizers
- Rapid detection, alerting personnel of processing equipment failures that exhibit minute levels of thermal breakdown before a hard failure occurs and before fire department deployment
- Robust operation and reliable sampling in ductwork, containment isles, raised floors and other challenging environments
- The flexible installation of sampling points in or near electrical equipment and servers enables the earliest possible warning of smoke and prevents equipment corrosion from exposure
- Active sampling of the environment where smoke and gases will travel and positioning of detectors in locations that are easily accessible for testing and maintenance
- Unique detection chamber design protects the detector optics from contamination, reducing nuisance alarms and maintaining detector sensitivity for a long operational life
- Advanced detector diagnostics and support for remote monitoring and configuration of systems in unmanned or secured areas
- Multiple configurable alarms to trigger responses, from very early warning for investigation and security management to subsequent warnings for evacuation and safe actuation of suppression systems
- Simple expansion for the detection of multiple gases and environmental monitoring without major construction or retrofitting
Why Xtralis Security Solutions?
- Full range of defense-grade intrusion detection, video recording and transmission equipment for monitoring and detection against threats and cost-effective alarm verification in unmanned or secure areas
- Powerful perimeter protection for unsurpassed monitoring of fence lines or site boundaries with automated alarm verification and notification in the event of a breach
- Comprehensive range of flexible and scalable IP access control solutions, with seamless integration to M3000 Command and Control Software, and to video surveillance and biometrics for identity verification
- Small-site, large-site and multi-site IP access control with encryption over IP and IP to the door via Power over Ethernet
- Patent-pending IP video server delivers unlimited storage with less than half the lifetime costs of comparable video storage systems
When it comes to protecting data centers and their mission-critical equipment, Xtralis life safety and security solutions deliver absolute reliability and unparalleled situational awareness to deter threats before personnel, assets and business continuity are compromised. Whether a large data center or a small server room, Xtralis life safety and security solutions can detect threats at the earliest possible stage, providing valuable time to take action to avoid or minimize damage or harm. Our safety and security solutions can be seamlessly integrated and managed on a single software platform for a 360-degree view of entire safety and security operations.