Smoke Detection Systems for Government Buildings from Xtralis
Governments have a special responsibility to protect their leaders, staff and visitors to the facilities where critical operations are centered – from service and specialized agencies to military installations to town centers and from icons of democracy like parliaments, state houses and justice centers to schools. Disruption of critical services and the destruction of local and national monuments due to fire must be avoided. Large expanses of unmanned borders must be secured. Access control, perimeter protection and intrusion detection are key to letting authorized personnel in and keeping thieves, terrorists and those with questionable motives out.
Why Xtralis Life Safety Solutions?
- Very early warning detection alerts life safety personnel before an incipient fire becomes a major, devastating blaze
- High sensitivity allows alarm thresholds to be set for the earliest possible warning of a fire even in areas of high airflow or large open spaces where smoke may be diluted
- Multiple configurable alarms to trigger government building staff attendance and help prevent unnecessary panic amongst visitors – from very early warning for investigation and security management to subsequent warnings for evacuation and suppression
- Wide sensitivity range allows alarm thresholds to be programmed to avoid the consequences of nuisance alarms
- Unobtrusive and tamper-proof sampling of the environment
- Flexible positioning of detectors in secure locations that are easily accessible for testing and maintenance
- Advanced detector diagnostics and support for remote monitoring and configuration of systems in unmanned or secured areas
- Unique detection chamber design protects the detector optics from contamination, reducing nuisance alarms and maintaining detector sensitivity for a long operational life
- Enhanced suppression system performance through timely notification and intelligent activation to prevent premature or unnecessary actuation
- Simple expansion for the detection of multiple gases and environmental monitoring without major construction or retrofitting
Why Xtralis Security Solutions?
- Full range of intrusion detection, video recording and transmission equipment for detecting threats and cost-effective alarm verification in unmanned or secure areas of government buildings and critical infrastructures
- Award-winning video detection specifically designed for automated outdoor surveillance, which dramatically reduces costs of real-time surveillance while increasing security
- Powerful defense-grade perimeter protection for unsurpassed monitoring of fence lines or site boundaries with automated alarm verification and notification in the event of a breach
- Use of two-way audio system for warning off an intruder or asking a visitor for identification at a call point
- Comprehensive range of flexible and scalable IP access control solutions
- Enables confirmation of the arrival/departure and contents of deliveries
- Patent-pending IP video server and storage solution delivers a long operational life with less than half the lifetime costs of comparable video storage systems
- Comprehensive range of IP access control solutions and central management with fully integrated M3000 Command and Control Software
Xtralis secures the facilities of local, regional and national governments around the world, providing protection from the potentially catastrophic consequences of fire, unauthorized entry and theft. With the M3000 Command and Control Software, early fire detection and security applications can be integrated on one unified platform. Proactive alerts from these sensors provide around-the-clock protection without nuisance alarms and operational intelligence for more informed response in the event of a threat or real emergency.