Life Safety Solutions for the Power Generation Industry
Utilities, including traditional electric and nuclear power plants and water treatment facilities, as well as oil and gas production facilities and refineries, are critical to the infrastructure and economy of the cities, states and countries in which they are located. While they produce important commodities for everyday life, they also pose a danger to workers and surrounding neighbors if the right precautions aren’t taken to secure them from such threats as smoke, fire, and gas leaks.
Why Xtralis Life Safety Solutions?
- High sensitivity ensures the earliest possible warning of fire in challenging environments with large, open spaces
- Multiple alarm levels to enable investigation before fire breaks out within the power plant and subsequent warnings to initiate automated fire department notification, evacuation and suppression
- Sampling points in or near critical equipment for the earliest possible detection of smoke
- Extensive testing in duct environments for optimum installation and reliable sampling despite dilution because of high airflows
- Superior performance in harsh environments and a high resistance to contamination through the use of our clean air-barrier technology that protects the detection chamber for long operational life
- Remote monitoring and configuration of detectors in unmanned plant sites
- Ability to locate sampling holes within the power plant where smoke will travel and position the detector in a location that is easily accessible for maintenance
- Powerful event management tools for emergency response to enable safe and timely evacuation
- Simple expansion for the detection of multiple gases and environmental monitoring without major construction or retrofitting
Utilities and power plants of any kind can turn to Xtralis to enhance their life safety requirements. With very early smoke detection and fire prevention to gas detection, Xtralis offers very early warning and unparalleled situational awareness to ensure that appropriate actions can be taken to eliminate any threats before damage or harm occurs. In addition, our solutions can be integrated for seamless protection from the edge of a facility to its very core.